Spectrum of Multiple Particulate Sizes
Monitoring Site Data and Events in Real Time
- Depict four particle size range results (PM 1.0, 2.5, 4.0, and PM 10) simultaneously and in real time.
- Identify (fingerprint) and control sources of particle emissions (e.g., combustion, abrasion).
- Accurately measure the effectiveness of engineering controls (i.e., diesel exhaust filters).
- Identify offsite sources of dust that impact the site.
- Meet multiple dust regulatory thresholds with one detector (PM 10 and 2.5).
There are growing health concerns about fine airborne particulates of 2.5 microns (PM 2.5) and below.
Particles of this size are created by combustion (e.g., burning and diesel exhaust) and abrasion (e.g., grinding, sanding, crushing) and are completely respirable such that 100% can reach the lower parts (alveoli) of the lung.
As such, there is epidemiological evidence that these particles are a contributing factor to the increase in pulmonary disease.
The Greenlight System can simultaneously monitor dust (particulates) at a range of various particle sizes in real time.
Utilizing patent pending technology, Greenlight can detect and monitor particle sizes at ranges up to 1.0, 2.5, 4.0 and 10.0 microns.
The Greenlight System’s on-screen, real-time trends monitor particulates and will display a gradual increase or change in particulate detection.
By correlating particulate sizes and other incoming data such as upwind and downwind location, it is possible to further distinguish offsite from onsite sources of emission, and empower personnel to intelligently determine risk and make operational decisions.